2012 Military and Overseas Voters
Military personnel and voters living overseas are able to conveniently participate in federal and Arizona elections by visiting the Secretary of State online at: www.azsos.gov/election/military.htm.
A military or overseas voter may fill out the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) online. This serves as both the voter registration and early ballot request form. The voter can also request the FPCA from his or her voting assistance officer or by contacting the County Recorder directly.
Once the FPCA has been filled out by the military or overseas voter, it may be faxed back to the appropriate County Recorder, or to the Secretary of State's office at (602) 364-2087. The Secretary of State's office will forward the FPCA to the appropriate County Recorder.
After the request for an early ballot is processed, a military or overseas voter will receive information on how to submit a voted ballot using the Secretary of State's secure ballot upload system. The voter will log onto the secure site and upload an image of the voted ballot which will then be securely transmitted to the proper county. A military or overseas voter can also fax the voter's ballot directly to the proper County Recorder for processing.
Ballots must be received by 7 p.m. local Arizona time on Election Day.

Next to Alternate Formats page or
Back to the Table of Contents