PHOENIX – After years of testing and preparation, the Secretary of State’s Office, in partnership with the state’s 15 county recorders and elections directors, has successfully transitioned to the new Arizona Voter Information Database. The Secretary of State’s Office also rolled out a public-facing website for voters called the Arizona Voter Information Portal.
“We updated our statewide voter registration system to increase security and efficiency for counties across the state,” Secretary Katie Hobbs said. “Voters will now also have access to helpful tools to assist them before, during and after an election.”
In AZVIP, voters will be able to:
- Search for their voter registration
- Find their polling location
- Request an early ballot
- Verify their early ballot status
- Submit a public records request
- Submit a request to election officials for a meeting or information about the petition process
- Respond to election-related mailings that have been sent to them
The AZVIP will also link to:
· The Arizona Candidate Portal, where candidates running for federal, statewide and legislative offices can generate their nomination paperwork online
· E-Qual, where people can sign a federal, statewide and legislative candidate nominating petition or make a $5 qualifying contribution
· Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Portal, where military and overseas voters can register to vote and/or request an early ballot
For more information on AZVIP, visit my.arizona.vote.