The Arizona Secretary of State’s Office has developed the Online Voter Registration (OVR) Unique URL Program to encourage organizations conducting large-scale voter registration drives to do so electronically and securely through the ServiceArizona website, rather than relying exclusively on paper forms.
Approved organizations participating in the Program will be assigned a unique URL to use and/or distribute for voter registration purposes and will receive periodic reports of valid voter registrations and updates submitted through their assigned URL.
The goals of the Program are to: (1) increase complete and valid voter registrations submitted through voter registration drives; (2) protect sensitive voter information collected during voter registration drives; and (3) reduce the burden on County Recorders and the Secretary of State’s Office of processing paper registration forms from voter registration drives.
2022 Program Information
A limited number of unique URLs are available and will be provided to approved organizations selected from among those who apply. Approved organizations must renew their registration on an annual basis.
Virtual Information Session: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 12:30 PM
- Register in advance for this information session by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
- Completed applications and attachments should be sent to [email protected] by the deadline.
- Approved organizations will be notified by February 18, 2022.
State-recognized political parties and 501(c)(3) organizations engaged in nonpartisan voter registration activities are eligible to participate in the Unique URL Program.
Additionally, an organization must:
- Have a good faith intent and plans to facilitate at least 1,000 voter registrations and/or registration updates through the Program by October 11, 2022 – the voter registration deadline for the November 2022 General Election; and
- Agree to the terms of the Participant Agreement.
How It Works
Step 1: Application Process
- Interested organizations must complete and submit a Program Application by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 8, 2022.
- State-recognized political parties may request to participate by contacting [email protected] and need not complete an application.
Step 2: Award Notification
- The Secretary of State’s Office will review and score each application. Approved organizations will be notified by February 18, 2022.
- The Participant Agreement must be signed by the approved organization before the Secretary of State’s Office will assign a Unique URL.
Step 3: Using the Unique URL
- Approved organizations may use and distribute their assigned unique URL for voter registration purposes.
- The Secretary of State’s Office will provide periodic reports of valid voter registrations and updates submitted through the organization’s assigned URL.
- Data in these reports shall not be used for a commercial purpose and may only be used for voter outreach regarding voter registration or voting in an election.
Center for Disability Law
Arizona Student’s Association
League of Women Voters of AZ
Political Party URLs