The Secretary of State's new Circulator Portal makes circulator registration easier and faster than ever before. Circulators can now instantly and electronically register to circulate ballot measures or candidate nomination petitions at their convenience.
Once you register as a circulator, you'll receive a unique Circulator ID that will be assigned to you through current and future election cycles. If you circulate petitions for a statewide ballot measure, placing this Circulator ID on each petition sheet will assist the Secretary of State to confirm your identity when validating those petitions. The Circulator Portal also allows the public to easily search, sort, and organize circulator registration information.
Registering with the Secretary of State
Prior to circulating any petition in the state of Arizona, you must register with the Secretary of State if:
- You are not a resident of the state, or
- You are paid to circulate petitions for a statewide ballot measure.
All non-resident or paid circulators must meet the qualifications to register to vote in Arizona. Signatures collected prior to registration are subject to review and challenge under Arizona law.
- Read the Petition Circulation Training Guide. (PDF)
- Create your Circulator Portal account and obtain a unique Circulator ID number. This number will be permanently assigned to you for all petitions you circulate in all election cycles going forward.
- Register to circulate known ballot measures or candidate nomination petitions by adding them to your Circulator Portal account.
- When you have successfully registered for a petition, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to view your registration.
- If you are circulating petitions for a statewide ballot measure, your unique Circulator ID should be included on each petition sheet you circulate.
Persons convicted of Petition Signature Fraud
At this time, no person qualifies for inclusion on the list.