Online Voter Registration Unique URL Program
The Arizona Secretary of State’s Office has developed the Online Voter Registration (OVR) Unique URL Program to encourage organizations conducting large-scale voter registration drives to do so electronically and securely through the ServiceArizona website, rather than relying exclusively on paper forms.
Approved organizations participating in the Program will be assigned a unique URL to use and/or distribute for voter registration purposes and will receive periodic reports of valid voter registrations and updates submitted through their assigned URL.
The goals of the Program are to: (1) increase complete and valid voter registrations submitted through voter registration drives; (2) protect sensitive voter information collected during voter registration drives; and (3) reduce the burden on County Recorders and the Secretary of State’s Office of processing paper registration forms from voter registration drives.
2023/2024 Program Information
A limited number of unique URLs are available and will be provided to approved organizations selected from among those who apply. Approved organizations must renew their registration on an annual basis.
For more information, please contact Celina Olivas at [email protected].
State-recognized political parties and organizations and non-profits engaged in voter registration activities are eligible to participate in the Unique URL Program.
Additionally, an organization must:
- Have a good faith intent and plans to facilitate at least 1,000 voter registrations.
- Agree to the terms of the Participant Agreement.
How It Works
Step 1: Application Process
- Interested organizations must complete and submit a Program Application.
- State-recognized political parties may request to participate by contacting [email protected].
Step 2: Award Notification
- The Secretary of State’s Office will review each application and will confirm approval.
- The Participant Agreement must be signed by the approved organization before the Secretary of State’s Office will assign a Unique URL.
Step 3: Using the Unique URL
- Approved organizations may use, distribute, and post their assigned unique URL for voter registration purposes.
- The Secretary of State’s Office will provide periodic reports of valid voter registrations and updates submitted through the organization’s assigned URL.
- Data in these reports shall not be used for a commercial purpose and may only be used for voter outreach regarding voter registration or voting in an election.
Unique URL Participants