Effective immediately an email address will be required for all partnership applications. A new online partnership program will be launched in 2022 and collecting an email address now will assist with the transition into the new program. Failure to provide an email address will result in your application being returned to you. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
The Arizona Secretary of State files limited partnerships for the state of Arizona. Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) Title 29 governs the filing and recording of limited partnerships. All limited partnerships, per A.R.S. 29-301(7), two or more persons under the laws of this state and having one or more general partners and one or more limited partners. If you desire to conduct business as any limited partnership, you must file with our office to receive that designation.
Limited partnerships consist of three types: limited partnership (“LP”), limited liability partnerships (“LLP”), and limited liability limited partnerships (“LLLP”). Also, where the partnership is domiciled is important, because our forms differentiate between domestic and foreign limited partnerships. A domestic limited partnership refers to a partnership domiciled within Arizona, and a foreign limited partnership is domiciled outside of Arizona but intends to also do business in Arizona.
See Form Directory
Filing Fee: Fees depend on the type of filing you submit. Specific fees can be found in the form directory. You may expedite your application if you include an additional $25 fee. Checks and money orders can be made out to, “Arizona Secretary of State.” Please do not send cash by mail.
Filing Length: Valid until amended or cancelled
Processing Time: 2-3 weeks. Expedited applications are processed within 3-5 business days from when we receive your application.
Certificate of Existence: Processing fee for Certificate of Existence is $5.00 dollars. Please complete a public records request and mail in with correct processing fee. Regular processing time is 5-10 days, if expediting please add an additional $25.00 expedite fee and processing time will be with in 5 days.
PLEASE NOTE: All return labels (Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc.) must include customer's mailing address as both sender and recipient.
- If you would like a receipt of processing, mail the original plus one copy along with a prepaid return envelope. You will not be sent a conformed copy if a prepaid return envelope is not provided.
- You may submit a photocopy of a signed original partnership form.
- A "certificate of existence" may be requested with a Public Records Request Form. Cost is $5.00.
- Our search website does not provide electronic scanned images of what has been previously processed. To get paper copies of what has been recorded for a partnership, submit a Public Record Request Form. Our office will contact you with a price (10 cents per page filing fee, and for certified copies please include an additional $5). Payment must be received prior to processing your request.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 602-542-6187 or 1-800-458-5842 or email us.
Filing By Mail
Secretary of State
1700 W. Washington Street, Fl. 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2808
In-Person Filing - Phoenix Office
State Capitol Executive Tower
1700 W. Washington Street
In-Person Filing - Tucson Office
Arizona State Complex Building
400 West Congress
First Floor, Suite 141